This workshop will build upon the presentation given at the ASLIA National Conference 2018. Participants will be introduced to current research in the field, have the opportunity to tackle some of the challenges presented when interpreting in maths classrooms, and learn some new interpreting skills whilst having some fun. Participants will also reflect upon interpreting scenarios from the past, consider the working relationship between teacher and interpreter and will be given the opportunity to practice interpreting both into Auslan and into English.
This workshop will be worthwhile for anyone working with deaf students who use Auslan in a primary or high school setting including:
- NAATI credentialled Interpreters and Interpreters in Training
- Teacher Aide Educational Interpreters
- Teacher Aide Auslan Language Models
- Teachers or other staff working with deaf students in the area of mathematics
- Advisory Visiting Teachers (Hearing Impairment) who support deaf students who use Auslan.