Expressions of Interest for the ASLIA e-Update Editor
October 2, 2018
Expressions of Interest for the Position of ASLIA e-Update Editor
The ASLIA Board is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from members for the position of e-Update Editor.
We are looking for a member to take on the Honorary role for a two year term from mid-November 2018 to December 2020. The Editor reports to the ASLIA Chairperson.
This position will provide an opportunity to gain a unique and comprehensive insight into our profession and receive training from a highly experienced interpreting elder.
Some of the skills, experiences and attributes that you will possess include:
- Lead the end-to-end development of the ASLIA e-Update from pre-planning, sourcing and receipt of content, proofreading through to publishing. This includes determining the scope of each e-Update, planning, liaising and receiving all content by due dates, and working closely with our graphic designer to determine the best layout.
- Strong written English and communication skills.
- Effective planning and time management skills.
- Reliable, motivated, self-starter who can work independently with little supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality in all facets of the position and use information for the express purpose intended.
- Act in the best interests of ASLIA members, and uphold ASLIA’s Mission, Policies and Procedures.
- Sound relationship management skills working with the ASLIA Board, Manager, members and key stakeholders from the Translating/Interpreting (T/I) industry.
- Good understanding of the Australian T/I industry and professional networks.
- Willingness to prioritise sufficient time (average 8-10 hours per month) to successfully deliver 11 e-Update editions per year, as per agreed dates.
- Access to a personal computer and internet.
The current ASLIA e-Update Editor will provide support and training to the successful candidate, including a handover and shadowing from mid-November 2018 to mid-December 2018. The new Editor will work with the e-Update team to deliver the ASLIA February 2019 e-Update.
If you have any questions about the position, write to Paul Heuston at firstname.lastname@example.org Please send your EOI to Julie Judd, ASLIA Chairperson, email@example.com by the closing date of Monday 22 October 2018.
Click here for PDF version.