ASLIA meets with the Disability Discrimination Commissioner – Ben Gauntlett
September 27, 2019
Today ASLIA’s Chairperson and Vice Chairperson met with the Disability Discrimination Commissioner – Ben Gauntlett in Sydney.
We informed him some of the concerns within our industry:
- Interpreter provision in the public and private hospital systems
- Credentials for Educational Interpreters
- National supply and demand issues for interpreters
- Access to interpreting for those over 65
- The Disability Discrimination Act and its limitations
We look forward to working with him on future activities in the commission.