Call for contributors for ‘The Debrief’
January 22, 2019
Now that we have a blog name, and editors, we are looking for writers!
Do you have a topic you are passionate about? Something your friends know pushes all your buttons and gets you talking (I’m sure you do!). That is what we want!
This is a non-exhaustive list of topics you could write about:
– Intersectionality (Gender,
– Self-care and wellbeing (stress, burnout,
– Speciality settings (sports/ legal/ mental health/ academic/ conference)
– Innovation (training,
– Community training and
– Reviews of resources, books,
– Personal growth and feedback
– Networking (how, when, why)
– Deaf interpreters
– Reflective practice
– Rural, remote and
– ‘Day in the life of’ – volunteer, educational interpreter etc.
– Supervision & mentoring
– Educational interpreting
– Professional landscape (NDIS; social service vs. business; impacts of new policies and change)
If your passion isn’t there, write about it anyway! Send in your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are NAATI qualified you can also gain PD points for contributing to the blog (NAATI PD points – 2.4 – 10 Points).
If you want more information about what’s involved, send us an email, email@example.com
The blog website will be up
De Brown and Dani Ferndale
The Debrief co-editors