ANC2024 Call for Papers
February 11, 2024
The ANC2024 Organising Committee are inviting you to submit an abstract to present at our upcoming conference 13 – 15 September 2024, being held on the traditional lands of the Kaurna people at the Hilton Adelaide.
This year’s theme is Unity in Diversity: The Power of People, Purpose and Passion.
If you have a burning issue you’d like to present, current areas of interpreting research to discuss, want to facilitate an interactive session, or showcase a research poster, please submit an abstract online by clicking on the ‘submit abstract’ button below and completing the form.
Abstracts must be no more than 350 words or a 5 minute video that includes a summary of your topic related to the conference theme, format, and presenter name/s.
Call for Papers will close on 4 March 2024, so get yours in now!
All abstracts received will be reviewed by the scientific panel and abstract submissions will have a response from the scientific committee in April 2024.
ANC2024 looks forward to having you as part of our program.
Some topic ideas related to the conference theme:
- Community interpreting
- Legal and court interpreting
- Mental health interpreting
- Interpreting in teams
- Interpreting in health care settings
- Interpreting in educational settings
- Interpreting in religious and cultural settings
- First Nations languages and cultures
- Technology and interpreting, such as: working VRI, meeting apps, tech specs
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Sustainability of the industry
- Interpreter ethics
- Mentoring and supervision
- Interpreter freelancing tricks of the trade