Showing 1–8 of 9 results
Ask Us Anything PD$10.00 (member price: $5.00)
Interpreting In Educational Settings Subcommittee is excited to present,
Ask Us Anything
This PD gives educational interpreters, from all over Australia, the opportunity to ask all the questions they may have been to scared or embarrassed to ask, and have them answered by a panel of experienced and knowledgeable educational interpreters.
Learning from each other is one of the best ways to improve your practice. That’s why we have given our fellow EIs a zero judgement, 100% confidential platform to, literally, ask us anything.
How we have made this 100% CONFIDENTIAL
- Send in your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – Questions will only be seen by our organisers Katie Eales and Daniel Hately (so don’t worry if your name is on your email address)
- Our facilitator Katie will read the questions out loud to our panellists. All telling information will be redacted
- Only the panellists and Katie will have their cameras on. Fake zoom names encouraged
Make sure you register for this event to hear all the juicy questions, interesting panellist insights, and all the different perspectives and approaches to being an EI
Time: 6pm – 8pm AEST
RSVP: 7th June – question submissions will be closed
Cost: $5 ASLIA Members, $10 for non members
Online Event via Zoom.us
NAATI Recertification: 2.20 (10 points)
NAATI PD Points 2.20 (10 points) Date 14/06/2022
TAX TIPS$40.00 (member price: $20.00)
Tax Tips for Interpreters from Nichols Fowell, a financial professional.
NAATI PD Points 1.5 (10pts) Date 19/05/2022
LISTENING DIFFERENTLY – “Listening” for Interpreters$50.00 (member price: $25.00)
A workshop on how we listen (hint – it’s not about our ears!) – and the effects of how our listening influences our work as interpreters.
An interactive online workshop over 3 hours, covering:
* The interpreter’s schema – Listening to others using our past, and how others might listen to us in the present.
* Listening to feedback – A psychological framework to understand why it’s hard, and some practices to make it easier.
NAATI PD Points 2.20 Date 12/02/2022
Northern Rivers End Of Year Celebration$0.00
NAATI PD Points 1.6 (10 pts) Date 17/12/2021
ACT End of Year Catchup – 2021$0.00
NAATI PD Points 1.6 - 10 points Date 19/12/2021
Sydney End of Year Party$0.00
NAATI PD Points 1.6 (10 pts) Date 12/12/2021
CC/NC End of Year Event 2021$0.00 (member price: $0.00)
NAATI PD Points 1.6 (10pts) Date 04/12/2021
Testing Testing 1 2$50.00 (member price: $25.00)
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN THIS EVENT BY EMAILING email@example.com AND THEY WILL NOTIFY WHEN THE EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED.
Navigating sound and lighting requirements at live public events
This workshop is aimed at interpreters who are or will be interpreting in live public events. It discusses the usual sound set up used in public events, the common issues interpreters experience and some possible solutions to these. You will learn some basic sound concepts, and be introduced to the sound equipment used in these settings.
This workshop will cover:
- Basic sound concepts EG How sound works
- Pre assignment discussion for sound requirements
- In ear monitoring
- Monitor screens
- Foldback speakers
- Microphone technique A-E interpreting
- Sound checks
- Common issues interpreters experience
Come join your colleagues in gaining sound tech knowledge and practical skills to manage the common pitfalls that arise for interpreters at live events.
Registrations close 27th June
NAATI PD Points 1.4 (10 points) Date 04/07/2021